Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who is eligible to apply?
Each scholarship has different eligibility and requirements. Please check the specific scholarship page for more information regarding the eligibility and requirements.
- How much is the monetary award?
Each scholarship monetary award is different. Please check the specific scholarship page for more information regarding the monetary award.
- What is the application timeline?
Applications open on May 20, 2021, and close on June 18, 2021. Applications received after 6:00 PM ET on the application close date will not be considered.
- When will the winners be announced?
Scholarship winners will be announced on August 9, 2021.
- Do I have to be a member of the NAACP?
Yes, NAACP membership is an eligibility requirement. You may apply to become a member here.
- How will I know my application has been received? If I am selected for a scholarship, how will I be notified?
All communication will occur via the N-SPIRE scholarship portal.
- How are winners selected?
N-SPIRE selection committees are comprised of NAACP leaders who volunteer their time to read applications and select recipients for approval. Reviewers read your entire application and review your academic transcript.
- Can I receive more than one NAACP scholarship?
Students are not eligible to receive more than one NAACP scholarship annually. Of note, the decisions of the selection committee are final and cannot be appealed.
- What if I have additional questions?
If you have any additional questions, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.